Saturday, March 26, 2005

Sometimes i wish there was more encouragement and concern than throwing me straight down to the brutal reality.

Dreams
Holding conversations with Y has always been thought provoking. Things which make you wanna pause, reflect and express your views.

"What is your Dream?"
"To try not to be a screwed up doctor.."
"That is not a Dream... that's a goal... a Dream is different."

What is a Dream?
The dictionary says,
1.A wild fancy or hope
2.Condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration

Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech on equality for blacks has spurred the civil rights movement in the United States. His people shared his views and through his charismatic speech, he inspired them to fight for their rights. Such that, now his dream can be almost said to be a reality. What powerful consequences someone's dream can have.

Dreams are things that you want in your life, what you truly love to do, your calling. Without dreams, your life would be a stand still, stagnant and dull. Dreams often push people beyond limits, as seen in mountaineer David Lim, who struggled to recover from a debilitating nervous disorder to resume mountain climbing as a partially disabled individual.

When you were young, have you ever been asked what is your dream? "I dream for world peace"; "I dream for a clean and green earth"; "I dream to be an astronaut!", are answers often heard from little young ones. Well.. mine was to be a pilot or a doctor.

So to be a doctor was a dream then and now it isn't? Just cos I'm in medical school now and it is soon to become reality so that is not considered a dream? Well... I guess to me it is no longer a dream cos it is not a wild fancy nor is it a powerful motivating factor in my life anymore. What is my dream then? To save countless people's lives? Or to have a comfortable happy family, with wonderful Mrs Diane Doctor, sweet Ms Daisy Doctor and sporty Master Dylan Doctor? I guess I'll have to come up with something to steer my life in the right direction.

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM?
Pursue your passion, Follow your dreams.

No comments: