Saturday, March 26, 2005

Are you Ready to Follow your Dreams?
HOw apt. Chanced upon an article 'the ridge- a nussu publication' talking about dreams. Here's an excerpt.

"I have a friend who wants to be a doctor. Intelligent and well-liked, mainly because of his friendly demeanour and amicable nature, this young man recently nailed an SAF scholarship to study Medicine in NUS. It looks like he is all set to achieve his goal. I asked him one day, why he wants to be a doctor? Was he inspired by the life-savers he has seen on television, or was he in awe of the revolutionary physicians that he read about in the papers? HIs answer took me by surprise: he actually wanted to be a professional tennis player, but his parents felt that the path he is on is the best one for him...."

Wow... Wonder who is that fellow colleague? Really would like to meet him to know how he copes with the stress and workload when his chosen path doesn't follow his dream. I can relate a little to him.

I finally remembered my dream! To be a travelling doctor. One who is able to see the world and goes around healing the sick. However, the path I've chosen can be justified by other less noble reasons. Well.. I need to consider the burden on my parents so I accepted the scholarship to ease one child off my poor dad's shoulders. So now.. it's three other children to support through uni. Next it's for the money.. leading my present life requires cash. Going out as frequent as I am doing now, hanging out with different friends certainly requires money. Guess my friends are all rich cos somehow they seem to be able to live the same or more lavish lifestyles than I do. Actually, the scholarship is no big deal cos there are many other more deserving people who declined it cos they would not want to sell their lives to the army. I see it as a way to survive for now.. and hopefully, through it I'll be able to live out my dream.

To see the world and heal the sick.

Sounds good eh? Haha... well just need to get it into my head so that it can motivate me to study harder. Study!

No comments: