Sunday, July 17, 2005

Fun Day!


darth vader
Originally uploaded by dehanh.
Woke up at 7 plus today after I knocked out the evening before at about 6 plus. Couldn't even wake up for dinner! So i was totally famished and had salami sandwich and my 'dinner'-->yummy crab beehoon at 11 am.

Met up with Zhi Jun after not seeing him for a long time. Dong is away in Malaysia fishing.. this fella keeps having new hobbies.
Anyway, ate my fav takopachi and tried macau fried pancake noodles as we chatted. When we wandered into Heeren, there were all these movie characters walking around in the atrium. I couldn't resist but take a photo with Darth Vader. Batman looked sad cos nobody wanted to take photo with him. Anakin and Obi-wan had models were looked too gay to be cool.

So after buying tickets for Bimmer, this russian movie, at cine, we decided to head down to Starbucks at Paragon to pass time until the movie begins. It was then that I met an entire group of Rafflesians outside Paragon. We were the 4th group to join them. There were Jianan, Raymond, Nic Lim, Sally, Shaun Teo, Zac Yee, Serena and Jervis! It's been such a long time since i saw time so we just stood there for so long and updated each other on our lives. It was just so exciting to chance upon such a huge group of friends in the middle of Orchard.

The group seemed like a Rafflesian magnet cos Terence and Qiuyun came along hand in hand too! It was not always that this could happen so I just had to capture the moment. Jianan and Raymond left first so they were not in the photo.

Oh and Serena reminded me how good a baker she was, and that she was gonna sell her cakes. I'm definitely gonna order from her! Oh man... she was such an angel when she surprised me with Bailey Oreo Cheese cake when I had only mentioned it casually. She makes great brownies and now supposedly tiramisu too. It's amazing how she's still so slim when she went overseas and learnt how to bake in her hotelling course.
Really hope to meet up with them again!

Bimmer was interesting in the sense that It was the first time I was watching a Russian movie. Learning about the russian culture was an eye-opener. Just seems so dangerous to live in Russian after reading about mob attacks and now watching it. Glad that I'm in safe Singapore. :)


No comments: