Monday, May 09, 2005

8 May
Whoa finally got my open water diving certification. So I'm a qualified diver now! But it was not easy getting it. For our final 2 dives, we went out to the southwest pinnacle. The waters were quite choppy, but I've never been seasick even when I was on Uncle Gerard's boat, so I refused the seasick pills. Shit man... when we were a bout to go in, I felt totally terrible. Deep under at 18m, I had a little difficulty breathing, so I was concentrating more on breathing than looking at the beautiful surroundings. Not surprising, I used up my air relatively quickly.

After surfacing and putting down the gear on the boat, I felt so sick that I threw up my morning's breakfast of chilli burger and milk and the 1 seasick pill. My chest felt much better and I took another 2 more yellow pills. So the all energetic team singapore was totally down yesterday. Renjun, Dick and I were all just lying on the sundeck. All pale and green.

The second dive was at white rock, another location where it was shallower and less choppy. Managed to enjoy the aquatic flora and fauna better. If fact, we had quite a bit of fun by posing in front of the video cam with sunglasses on. So we had a funny video clip of our final 2 dives. Shall post a short clip online if I can.

We celebrated on our becoming qualified divers by doing what we haven't done in a long long time. Arubang! and it was caught on video! Wonderful, Bang enjoyed it so much... hahaha

No comments: