Thursday, February 10, 2005

visiting day!! quite a fun day today. went to visit my granduncles, grandaunts and great grand mother! yes i still have a great grand mother, how cool is that? she's going to be 100 soon i think, lost track of her age but she's still quite healthy. sat with her while she talked to me about stuff. i'm glad i know a bit of hainanese and hokkien which helped me a great deal when my relatives speak. ya she complained about my mum not bringing her along when she went to china, complained that she's so old and there is no meaning to live and that the maid refuses to let her drink her xo to improve her blood circulation for fear that she'll get drunk. hahaha... well i actually saw her tipsy side once when she stayed at my place. poured a lil too much alcohol and she started walking sideways!!! hahaha what a sight! oh man... sorry great grand ma, quite rude to laugh at you. anyway... have a great new year! hope you'll visit my house again.

actually heard the entire story of my family's close shave in phuket today. when i first returned and my mum told me the stories, i was quite indifferent. i was more interested in telling my side of the story in cambodia and all the fun i've had. it was only today, when she raconted the entire story to my uncle and aunt that i'm truly thankful to God that they escaped from the gallows of the tidal wave.

thank Lord for letting them stay at the diver's resort at Chalong bay, south east of Phuket and away from the full force of the tsunami. thank God for letting my bros and aunt be far out at sea on their way to snorkelling, where the wave was still small and not yet devastating. thank God for allowing my cousin and uncle to hide behind a rock when they went diving under the sea, and when the current washed them to the surface, they were safe from harm. thank God for keeping my entire family from harm during their stay at Phuket. you're the best!!

No comments: