Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy New Year!
had the time of my life! woke up at eleven. visited my grandma's house downstairs. received my ang pows. then stoned and slept the entire afternoon away.

i think i can relate to children cos i think like them. i love to act like them and laugh like them. their innocence and pure hearts make them so adorable. my mum just told me that i can interact quite well with children.

in retrospect, i think i do. back in cambodia, i enjoyed playing with the children. being their swing or piggy backer. i'm not inhibited by how childish i look. i just act like them, play like them and have fun like them. seeing them give truly happy smiles is what makes it so enjoyable.

today, at my dad' boss' open house dinner. with the entire place swarming with adults, whom i don't really know what to say to, i felt uneasy n self conscious. to attempt to be sociable, i decided to pick up the nearest girl i saw. a cute girl dressed in pink. hahaha.. this 5 yr old is really intelligent and is not afraid of strangers. she readily opened up after my initial introductory questions. so rachel and i started discussing about ants on the tree, beautiful flowers in the garden, her shaven golden retriever lola, her birthday and the humming bird she saw. my size didn't scare her at all. n i'm glad it didn't. thank you rachel for the company in the uncomfortable setting!

i love children!!!!

No comments: